Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I've realized that I'm not very good at just chilling and doing nothing. Over the past few days I've tried to convince myself that I don't need to be doing something all the time, that vacation is a time for doing NOTHING. Well doing nothing is not working. I am supposed to be reading some books but I can't even sit and do that.

So instead of tripling my crazy meds (I've already doubled one of them), I decided to book a trip for Xmas Day. I am taking a river trip up to Lamanai, one of the largest Mayan sites in Northern Belize. I am very excited about this, because:
  1. I've been wanting to go there, but was holding off because of the money
  2. Saying "fuck it" about the money feels pretty damn good
  3. I will have a PLAN for Christmas, and it won't feel like such a loner Christmas
  4. It will be cool to see it

As well, the day after, I have a trip planned to go snorkeling with manatees. I love manatees. Slow, benevolent, peaceful creatures. I hope I get to see one.

And now, off to find cigarettes!

3 comments:

  1. nice plan!!

    doing nothing is kind of possible for me and for guy...if alcohol is involved. lots of it. all day. then a nap. then more.

    chaka. good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing nothing is a good thing. I'm glad you guys can do that.

    It's easier for me if I'm with someone, and alcohol always helps. Speaking of alcohol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, also, happy to hear of your cool trips today and tomorrow. manatees! wow, i don't even know how to imagine what that will be like.

    i cannot imagine, in the furthest reaches of my imagination, how cool and beautiful that might be.

    do you have an underwater camera? sigh...lovely aldahl. lovely.

    ReplyDelete